Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happiest Moment

hai friends,

feb 27th, the most happiest day of my life.. my little prince was born...

all through 9 months we have been craving to knw whther itz a 'boy' or 'girl'. We came to know abt my pregnancy only after 2 months of pregnancy, bcoz i was so packed up with family matters and official things. I felt very sick and in the check up i heard tht happy news tht i am carrying.. but in the 3rd month i was shocked as bleeding started 4 me. don't know how we waited outside tht scan room for the doctor to tell whether our baby's heart is still beating inside me...all i saw through my tears is a photo of " goddess saraswathi " hanging outside the room. The scan timing was over but doctor despite her busy schedule (abt 20 people waiting to c her) ran to the scan room to check me. I was told by ettan that i was pale with no blood circulation on my face. I was taken to the scan room and after scan she told me the baby is active and its movements. Tears ran down my cheeks and she called my hubby and showed us the scan movements. I was asked to take bed rest for two months. I came home to tvm and in the fifth month, while I was having a cup of hot tea, I felt a kick inside me and a burping sound. The first time I felt the movement of my baby inside me. After that my craving for curd and other cold foods started. Don’t know how many ice creams and cutlets I had and that too in the middle of night. I was able to sleep till 10.pm after that I cud n’t sleep as my baby was very active during night time. Again sleep wud come for me at 5.00am. Don’t know how many days I sat watching tv till early morning. At midnight hunger wud haunt me and amma will make something for me to eat. Pavam amma . In the 6th month I came bak to ekm and joined back in coll. I felt the weight gain inside me as my baby grew. I could feel the movement when I had some hot foods and when music was played. Once we had a party at Le Meridian and it was abt 10 pm. The disco music made my kid move like anything and literally I had to hide my belly with my hands to stop others from noticing the kicks here and there which cud be seen out. Some time the movements were such rapid that it caused a severe pain in the lower stomach. All the tablets like folic acid and all the TT injections were taken and in the 8 month I was brought to tvm after the so called “jadangu”. Jan end a pain started for me and I was taken to the hospital and to the labor room. That was the first time I saw the room with others like me. But tht pain was a false pain, i.e it is like a labor pain but not exact one. I was admitted for 2 days and then discharged. After that the routine check up was there. On 26th feb I went for check up usually and I was told it will happen on 7th march and asked to get admitted on 6th. I came bak home and tht day ettan came home like a surprise. He did not even inform tht he is coming, which made me really happy. By 7.00pm a call came from my amma’s house that my grandfather is admitted to hospital and is in the ICU. Achan, aniyathi and amomma went immediately to amma’s place after ettan reached home. Amma said she wanted to c desperately her father but even after we forced her to go she said something is stopping her from going. So she did not go. At 11pm I went to sleep after achan reached the hospital. At 2.45 am on 27th Feb, I got up as there was a back pain for me and I informed my hubby. He called amma and she brought hot water for me, after drinking it I felt ok. But after 15 min again pain started. The GAS problem is usual at this time and moreover doctor assured date is only by 7th march. So I was relaxed but the pain kept on increasing and finally at 3.15 am we decided to go to hospital. Then the problem came how we will go as achan had taken car the previous night to go to amma’s place. The taxi which we had previously booked for any emergency was not available when we tried reaching him over phone. So ettan told he will check in the taxi stand nearby pettah. But amma was tensed as he is not aware of the places and other places were taxi is available. Finally he went assuring amma that he will find some way. At 3.45am he came with an auto and we three wnt to Credence hospital. We reached there at 4.00am and I was moved to the labor room. So silent no body was there in the room only the duty doctor and one patient who was there frm her 4th month as she had twins and had risks.
I was admitted and the doctor checked me and told me that it was labor pain. I was stunned to hear that. Only tis much pain is there for labor tht was my question. But I came to know abt it in another 5 min. they gav me injection and trip was given and pain increased for me. I wanted badly to lie on my stomach but I was asked to stay clam and to inform them when the pain was too much. The pain wud be ther for 5 min then it will subside and then again. Finally I was told my baby is ready waiting and I shud decide on whther to get it or not. I was asked to push really hard and my fluid broke and they asked me to walk to the original labor cot which was only the length of half our usual bed. I lie down on it and all I could hear was “PUSH PUSH PUSH”. I could feel the blood and nerves inside me trying hard to push the baby out. I cried so loud that my hubby, waiting outside the labor room got scared. Finally one more PUSH, and tht was indeed a PUSH, my baby was out at 6.42am and without knowing it I begged my doctor tht we will go for a c-section as I cud any longer push and suffer the pain. She told me “Divya concentrate and relax, hear ur baby crying”. Ya then I heard my baby’s cry and “ the most happiest moment” when I was informed by my doctor ”Itz a boy” . I thanked god and whn I closed my eyes, I felt weightless and as if falling like a feather. He was brought near me and I gav a kiss on his soft and red forehead. I was moved to the bed and the baby was taken for showing to amma and ettan. I saw my amma with her face smiling and her eyes with tears and her hands with a “thumbs up” sign at me. I remember that was the first time I saw my amma happy than any other time. My hubby’s eyes too were filled with tears. My baby with his eyes wide open was exicitingly looking at his achan and amomma. The gr8 thing is tht he did not cry after that but was smiling and making a sound like “tup” “tup”. My hubby was not allowed to c me at tht time and I could hear him asking the staffs to show me. Amma was very sad as achan and others cud not be ter at tht time. But again god gave a surprise, The moment the baby was showed to amma, achan and aniyathi and my other relatives were ter waiting behind her and amma cudn’t c them bcoz of tears. I don’t know how they managed to reach back from adoor (amma’s place) within 1.5 hr.s, as my father was informed by amma only at 5.00am tht I was having labor pain. I was given tea after that and I will say thtz the most tastiest tea I had in my whole life. To get a drink after such a tedious task, my god itz great ! Me and my baby was taken to our room by 8.00am.

The miracle still remains like how my hubby came the previous night and how my achan came from adoor in 1.5 hrs and how my delivery was done and I gave birth to a baby in 2.5 hrs.

3 comments:

Nibin said...

Great post. Had fun in reading it.

Parvathy Ajit said...

really nice narration divya! could really visualize the whole experience with goosebumps!!

danya said...

Great post divs.. I logged in the blog after almost an year.. And as paru said, i could feel the whole experience.. Good one!!! God bless your happy family :)